Maros 9.3.3 and Taro 5.3.3 are available now
I’m pleased to announce the release of Maros 9.3.3 and Taro 5.3.3, which we have been developing for many months. The focus of this release is the ability to define rate management operations in Maros, previously available in Taro.
Maros and Taro users will also see improved efficiency in simulations, with the latter expected to experience up to 60% performance gains. We have also made improvements with new functionalities to help you navigate past cumbersome workarounds for modelling certain scenarios. These are designed to help you build better, faster and more usable models.
- Rate management operations allow the control of a node rate as a result of the flow through another node
- Event viewer provides users the capability to track all events happening throughout the entire simulated lifecycle presented in the Gantt Chart
- Analyst can now set a time limit for boosting mechanisms with BSTLMT keyword
- Modelling scenarios where the ramp-up is dependent on the length of preceding downtime is now possible with Trigger Duration Dependent
- Models with buffer nodes can now run Objective Solver
- Struggling to run models with large number of nodes? The latest application has been optimized and tweaked to allows users to run models with up to 900 nodes, catering for scenarios where a high number of nodes (i.e. wells) is modelled.
One of the goals for DNV’s RAM products is for the gradual and incremental process of moving features between Taro and Maros, started from the release of Maros 9 and Taro 5. The rate management operation has been a key feature in Taro, which our Maros users will now be able to utilize and add more value to their modelling needs.
We are not forgetting our Taro users. The development pipeline will see key features from Maros moving to Taro and I’m very excited to announce these when we are closer to the next release. That said, Maros will be an all encompassing reliability tool covering the modelling capabilities for mainly upstream and midstream with additional downstream modelling capability. Taro will be positioned as a specialized tool for midstream and downstream industry.
Please remember you need to have your Customer Portal log-in details to download the latest version of the applications. If you need login details please go to: http://www.dnvgl.com/cp and fill in the necessary details.